Tuppers everywhere, may I have your attention please!
For all of you out there who love to write, but get stuck without a prompt, I have just the thing for you!
I am holding a contest for whomever can write the best fanfiction based on the lives of the characters Taz and Up from Starkid Production’s Starship.
1) The story must begin with the following text:
“There are many places that I’ve been, and many more I’ve yet to go. But no matter where I go, no place will ever matter more than where I am right now. But where that is exactly, I’m not entirely sure.”
If the story doesn’t begin with that, your fanfiction will be disqualified.
2) The fanfiction must be submitted by Friday, December 16, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. MST (that’s two hours after EST, and 1 hour ahead of PST).
Submissions may either be emailed to me directly at Kelaki10@gmail.com or you may provide a link to a Google Document that contains your story, with a message in my inbox.
3) Length - Your fanfiction may be any length. Write 1,000 words, or write 10,000 words, it doesn’t matter to me. Oneshots are fine, and so are longer stories with multiple chapters. I’m not expecting a full fledged “Learning to Dance,” but I will accept partial stories, as long as the writer has actual intent to write more/finish their story someday.
4) Topic - The story must be based off of the characters of Starkid’s Starship universe. The main characters should be Taz and Up, but you can have other characters, OCs, whatever. It can be AU even. Use your imagination.
Let’s keep it clean. All stories must be rated PG-13 or milder. No overly graphic sexual content should be included in entries of this contest.
5) I, Kelli (iamaprincessallgirlsare) am the judge. The winner will be announced by the following evening at midnight.
The winner will have one of two options for prizes.
If you win, I’ll crochet you a scarf with the color and design (meaning striped or not striped, how thick of stripes, yarn type, color preference, etc.) I will get that to the winner promptly. Keep in mind, when I get my mind of a project, I get obsessed. So I could very well finish a scarf in time for Christmas (no promises though). Such a prize would also include a handwritten letter from me, and whatever else I can think of. I will ship internationally as well, so don’t be afraid to enter if you’re not from America!
If you’ve prefer not to give me your address, or if you just prefer this, I will write a song for you, about you. Well, it can be about anything, really (within reason). You can give me guidance on the sound, genre, lyrics, subject, etc., but I’ll write a song for you, and post it on my Youtube for everyone to see. Or I could just email it to you, if you’d rather keep it private. I play guitar and I sing. If you’d prefer a singing with myself thing, or a capella, or whatever, just let me know. We’ll talk about it.
If there are fewer than 10 people participating in this writing contest, I will be very much less inclined to provide the prizes. Let’s get as many people involved as possible! It’s a short contest, so your story doesn’t have to be long.
Well that’s about it!
If you have any questions, please leave me a message, and I’ll answer it promptly!
LIKE this post if you are planning on/thinking about entering the contest!
REBLOG this post so the word can get out!
Let all your Starship fan/Tupper friends know about this contest!
May the best Tupper WIN!
Kelli is amazing for doing this. I hope you are all planning to enter!